A Master Plan for Civic Center Park was completed in 2005, and Phase I of project planning is now being facilitated by the newly-created, privately-funded, Civic Center Conservancy, in association with the Denver Parks Department. The Conservancy and
- Sign the on line petition to the Mayor and include your comments.www.PetitiionOnLine.com/ccfriend/petition.html
- Contact the Parks and Recreation advisory board member from your City Council District and let them know your thoughts. You can link to their email addresses here:
- Contact Parks and Recreation Manager Kim Bailey at 720 913-0741 or the communications director Tiffiany Moehring, Tiffiany.Moehring@ci.denver.co.us- with your thoughts.
- See the model on the 5th floor of the Denver Public Library, Western History Collection and Complete the Parks and Rec survey Use this handy online form to tell the Denver Parks and Recreation Department how you feel about the proposal.
- Save these dates Attend upcoming public meetings to offer input on both the design and process- see the press release below from Parks and Rec for more details & addresses:
Yong Cho, Studio Completiva
Steve Chucovich, ArchitectureDenver
Dave Duclos, THK Associates
Richard Farley, Civitas
Susan Saarinen, Saarinen Landscape Architecture
Randle Swan, The Cignet Group
William Wenk, Wenk Associates
Dennis Humphries, AIA, Vice president of Civic Center Conservancy will facilitate.
for further information contact the Conservancy at 303 312-4286.
Common Grounds A public meeting with Historic Denver and the Civic Center Conservancy to discuss ideas for Civic Center and public response.
January 11 (TBA), Parks & Recreation Advisory Board
Denver’s classical Civic Center Historic District is certainly in need of restoration and tasteful enhancements. Now is the time to actively participate in a process that will bring that about.